Following the latest government announcement of a third Covid-19 national lockdown, we wanted to let you know that Videx is open and fully operational as usual, operating in a Covid safe environment.
Where possible, some employees will work from home. For those employees who can’t work from home including operations and distribution staff, we have implemented the following Covid health and safety measures to safeguard our staff and any essential visitors:
- A thermal camera is installed at reception in the Newcastle factory to protect staff and visitors from exposure to anyone with an elevated temperature which could be a sign of Covid-19. The state-of-the-art Dahua body temperature scanner scans all employees and visitors as they enter the building, recording their body temperature as they pass through our reception area.
- The entrance to the reception area is controlled by a Videx IP intercom system and the Videx Portal Plus proximity access control. The exit from reception into the factory and offices is also controlled by proximity access control.
- All employees and visitors must wear masks while on site
- Disinfectant hand sanitiser stations have been installed at all entrances
- Protective screens have been installed in all work areas to minimise any transmission risk
- Air purifiers are now installed in communal offices.
- A comprehensive deep clean of the factory in Newcastle takes place every two weeks
- Social distancing rules and a one-way system have been implemented to ensure social contact is kept to a minimum
Our Newcastle office is open 8.30am to 5pm and our London office, as well as our London collection point, is still open too, from 10am to 4pm.
We are following government guidance and we will keep you updated with any important changes.
Your continued support is much appreciated. If you’d like to get in touch, please call us on 0370 300 1240.