Portal Plus Dual Tech Readers
Dual tech readers are available in a number of different formats including proximity fob and card access, finger print access and coded access. They enable these technologies to be combined to offer either enhanced security measures or a choice of access to the user.
There are several ways that dual technology readers can provide a critical role in the access control management of a building. For example, in high security applications it could be a requirement for users to validate two levels of security in order to gain access to an area or building. These two levels could be finger print and code, finger print and proximity card or proximity card and code. Only after validation of both these steps the user will be granted access. Alternatively, users could be offered the option of using either technology to gain access. This is particularly useful where users may be unable to use a particular technology due to a disability, for example, or if they have a preferred preference.
The readers are available in surface or flush mounting option with the flush available in both a vertical and horizontal profile. There are six finishes available (silver, white, grey, green, red or blue) to ensure these units will complement any décor or building design. Using the industry standard Wiegand protocol for communication to the control units enables these readers to be used on both the Videx Portal Plus networkable access control system and third party access systems offering a flexible design. The range also includes exit buttons and single technology readers all in the same design and colour range.
The readers provide great flexibility of access control for users and different levels of security. They’re also available in different formats and finishes and designed in a way that can complement existing interior and exterior environments. Dual technology readers can be used in schools, hospitals, commercial buildings, residential environments and airports, where maximum security is a priority.
- Dual tech moulded aluminium IP65 rated readers available in six different colours
- Weigand protocol for use on Portal Plus systems
- Biometric & Keypad, Biometric & Proximity or Keypad & Proximity available
- Single or dual security (e.g fob & fingerprint required for access)
- Material – Moulded aluminium
- Colour – Various (see datasheet)
- Mounting – Surface
- Voltage 12Vdc
- IP Rating – IP65
- Current – BIOPADS, BIOPROX: 115mA Max, PADPROX: 65mA Max
- Communication: Wiegand
- Authentication: single or dual
- Dimensions: 100mm (W) x 94mm (H) x 30mm (D)
- Status LED’s – Halo
- Sounder – Yes
- BIOPADS-M – Silver finger print and coded access (Wiegand)
- BIOPROXS-EM – Silver finger print and EM proximity reader (EM Wiegand)
- PADPROXS-EM – Silver coded access and proximity reader (EM Wiegand)
- MCD-MINI – Stainless steel protection shroud